My Cafe Press Store

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl giveth and Super Bowl taketh away.....

B"H I'll admit it -- I'm a Giants fan. If I can survive a few years of the Mets crashing and burning, I can certainly survive one year of the Giants doing the same. Because I'm a Giants fan, I was rooting for "our Quarterback"'s brother -- Payton Manning and the Indianapolis (nee Baltimore) Colts. A lot of people, however, were rooting for New Orleans because of the whole Hurricane Katrina fiasco/disaster. New Orleans, I agree, needed something big. But for New Orleans, just making it to the Super Bowl was excitement worthy, celebration worthy, Mardi Gras-type party worthy. But by winning, they gave the city, which has no baseball team (I'm having difficulty thinking of a major sports team in New Orleans besides the Saints), a needed "shot in the arm". And, though I was rooting for Indy, I'm not horribly upset that New Orleans won (it's not as the Indy is one of my favorite teams or New Orleans is a team I hate -- I was only rooting for Eli's brother -- and, truth be told, in this regard, New Orleans isn't so bad since "Dad" Archie was the quarterback of the Saints "back in the day" as they say). But, to pull this blog entry back to the title, one of the players, Pierre Garcon, is from Haiti. Haiti, which recently experienced an earthquake that it is still in the throes of, also needs to have something to "hang its hat on" from an inspirational perspective. So, while it's very nice for New Orleans (and I love that they are "back"), it would be nice to see this sort of niceness for Haiti, too. Story about Pierre Garcon and his organization that is helping Haiti Check out my other blogs: Israel and it's Place in the World Jewish Singles Strong Jewish Women Check out more of my articles: Jewish Wedding Customs Going to a Wedding Single Strong Biblical Women Strong Biblical Women 2 Strong Biblical Women Part 3 Ruth and Naomi Strong Biblical Women 5: Tamar -- Mother of Kings Strong Biblical Women 6: Yocheved -- Mother of Moshe (Moses) Strong Biblical Women 7: Miriam Why Be Vegetarian Vegetarianism: Getting Started 1 Vegetarianism: Getting Started 2 Rosh Hashana Quick Vegan Cooking Creating new recipes from old Hanuka About the Jewish Calendar Witches and Morality Presidential Trivia Quiz Christmas and the Jewish Single Math Hints 1 -- Adding Fractions Presidents1: George Washington Passover: Holiday of Freedom John and John Quincy Adams Television Trivia Quiz Jewish Perspective of G-d Purim, Esther et al Being an internet small business owner Why I'm a Red Sox fan Pythagorean Theorem My Blogs Top 10 Presidents Bottom 10 Presidents How Can We Appeal to G-d for Forgiveness? Math Tips 2 Searching for a Fashion Partner Math Hints 3 One Actor, Two Shows (TV Quiz) Presidential Tidbits Why Should anyone hire Me? Eat a Healthy Breakfast My experience on Jeopardy Project:Runway and how it got me excited about designing again Who's Buried in Grant's Tomb? My Vocational Experiences Check out my Stress Release Mix list

No comments: