My Cafe Press Store

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

Monday, March 3, 2014

July 26th: Aunts and Uncles Day

ב"ה
July 26th is MY Day
this lens' photo

May brings us "Mother's Day" and June is the month for "Father's Day". But I'm not married and I have no children of my own. But I adore my nieces and nephews. I even have great-nieces and great-nephews. So I was thrilled to find out that July 26th is Aunts and Uncles Day.

Now, all I have to do is make sure my nieces and nephews know about it.




Being an Aunt

When I was younger, one of the gadget catalogs sold a bumper sticker that said, "If I'd known grandchildren were so much fun, I'd have had them first!" Well, as an aunt, I felt as though I got that deal. While I definitely changed my share (and then some) of diapers, done my share of babysitting, feeding, chin wiping, reading stories, etc., I also get the hugs and fun, the excited nieces and nephews on the phone, my excited great-nephew saying my name over and over again running the to computer when his Mom (my niece) and I are on Skype together.


Most of my nieces and nephews used to live in the same town as we do, but those nieces and nephews who used to live here now live halfway around the world. I miss them all terribly. I do, thanks to generous parents, get the opportunity to visit every two years or so (whenever there's a "Simha" -- happy event -- like weddings, bat mitzva, bar mitzva, etc.) and members of my sister's gang come here occasionally.

I love being an Aunt.

Are you an Aunt or Uncle?

Tell us about your nieces and nephews

Write about them in the comment section

Aunt Themed Products from Compugraph Designs on Zazzle


No comments: