My Cafe Press Store

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Read a Book Day

ב"ה

Read a Book Day

this lens' photo
September 6th is "Read a Book Day".

When I was young, I hated reading. I think part of the reason I hated reading was that I:
1) had to read what my teachers wanted me to read
2) had to read the book within a certain time frame (when the assignment was given to when the report was due)
3) had to write a book report when I was done

But as I got older, and the classes I was taking were more in the category of subjects I liked, for the most part the books we were asked to read were more likely to be books I enjoyed. Also, as I began to read on my own (after college), I got to choose to read the books I wanted to read.

Let me know as comments:

Do you prefer to read Fiction of Non-Fiction?


The Gold Star


One of my short stories, "The Gold Star" is now available in illustrated form. The story is about a young boy named Shmuel who helps a poor man without the man knowing.






The Princess Who Wanted to be Beautiful



One of my first short stories, "The Princess Who Wanted to be Beautiful" started out as a bedtime story for the children of a close friend. I had been worrying about the "Disney Syndrome" whereby all the heroes are beautiful and all the ugly people are villains. This is a story about a princess who has heard that all princesses are beautiful and doesn't think she is beautiful. She decides to go to a wizard and ask him to make her beautiful but along the way she makes some friends and learns a lesson about herself.


Compugraph Designs' Shop on Spoonflower



Spoonflower features custom designed fabric. My designs include a The Baby Book of Opposites  to sew for your favorite baby.

Designs for Writers from Compugraph Designs on Zazzle


Here are four samples of the products that are available at the Compugraph Designs Zazzle Store:






No comments: